Assists with project design, specifications and plans from an electrical standpoint.
Help the electrical team create full set medium voltage electrical drawings and calculations for Utility and distributed scale solar projects
Review work for quality assurance and quality control and ensure compliance with quality standards
Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
Helps the power electrical team create models, analyze systems, and write reports for utility and distributed scale solar projects.
Perform Arc Flash, Short Circuit, and Coordination studies using software such as ETAP or SKM
Perform analysis for wire in trenches
May perform Grounding studies using CDEGS or SKM Ground Mat
Harmonic studies and transient studies
Help with PSSE, PSCAD, or PSLF modeling
Assist with relay settings for Solar projects
Assist in determining electrical medium voltage conductor sizing and design
May assist in creating electrical collection system and substation one-line diagrams
Continuous knowledge gain of PV system components like modules, racking, inverters, transformers, and balance of systems
Possesses a good understanding of, or has a willingness to learn, the NEC and IEEE Standards
Reviewing shop drawings, responding to request for information (RFIs), and assisting with general construction support services
Support medium and high voltage Electrical Engineering group and work as an Electrical Engineer.
* Minimum 2 years' experience working as an Electrical Engineer for an engineering firm or EPC
* EIT certification or path to move towards certification is preferred
* Prefer background in software such as CYMCAP, AmpCalc, SKM, ETAP, EMTP-RV, PSSE, PSCAD, or CDEGS
* Prefer an understanding of engineering and renewable energy systems
* Knowledge of grounding studies basic theory and methodology * Knowledge of Coordination, Short Circuit, and Arc Flash studies basic theory and methodology
* Excellent organizational skills: proficient with MS Excel spreadsheets and data management
* Prefer some experience with AutoCAD, manual drafting, and electrical line drawing
* Substation physical design experience preferred
* Some experience with protection and controls desired but not required
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.