• Electrical Engineer is responsible for design development, operation, testing, certification, integration and launch of the product
• Confirms system and components capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
• Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements, incorporation industry standards, researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
• Create detailed electrical schematics & choose appropriate electronic components to meet requirements.
• Work closely with project managers, engineers and designers in understanding workflow, design process, budgets and deadlines.
• Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
• Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Holds and/or participates in detailed design reviews.
• Performs analytical system design, calculations and simulations
• Assesses electrical design to avoid conflicts in design process, including detailed Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and other methods of determining and addressing technical risks.
• Prepares product documentation, writes reports and give presentations.
• Creates engineering documents for electrical design.
• Ensures design for manufacturing, cost, quality, reliability and certification.
• Ensures compliance with customer, industry, company and regulatory specifications and requirements
• Shows evidence of excellent problem-solving skills as well as keen analytical abilities.
• Must have strong communication skills
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Knowledge of aerospace standards and products, including DO-160
• Knowledge of LED lighting design and testing
• Knowledge of Altium
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Needs ability to be responsible for multiple designs concurrently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering from four-year college or university
• Three-to-five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to use CAD programs (such as Altium).