Our client is a world leader in the design, development, testing and production of complex maritime electronic systems, including sonobuoys in support of Anti-Submarine Warfare, submarine deployed products supporting Undersea Warfare, and depth-rated encapsulated systems to support Subsea and Seabed Warfare.
Demonstrates an extensive knowledge and understanding of electrical engineering principles, concepts, practices and theories. Responsibilities may include research, design, development and test of complex electrical engineering designs and concepts. Work closely with other engineering and other functional areas to obtain optimum utilization of resources.
• Design, model, simulate and test complex electronic circuits, subsystems and systems.
• Support designs with analysis simulations and calculations including spice and Mathcad.
• Create schematic drawings and support PCB design, layout and routing of sub-assemblies and systems.
• Prepare documentation for work as required for engineering and manufacturing of products.
• Conduct complex in-house tests, direct and guides or mentors other Engineers.
• Apply Risk, failure and root cause analysis as required within the electronic engineering discipline.
• Provide support for product process and system issues; provide recommendation for enhancements and cost reductions; initiate ECN’s; and formulate cost impacts.
• Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
• May act as project lead including organizing, execution, and coordinating technical assignments.
• Evaluate materials and systems, identify equipment, or prepare work instructions for manufacturing.
• Provide training and/or direction to other engineers, technicians or manufacturing operators.
• Provide input to bid and proposal activities.
• Provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
• Travel and participation in product field tests.
• All other duties as assigned.Skills:
Electrical, Design, Electrical engineering, Electrical design, pspice, mathcad, simulation, altera, xilinx, matlab, Electronic, Circuit, Analog, Digital, Spice, Programmable logic, Amplifier, Memory, EEPROM, SRAM, DRAM, Battery, Signal, Magnetic, RF, Microcontroller, DSP, FPGA, EMI, ENC, Hero, Power Supply, Communication protocol, Schematic, PCB, Analysis, Analysis softwareTop Skills Details:
PLCAdditional Skills & Qualifications:
Design, model, simulate and test complex electronic circuits, subsystems and systems.
4-year degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or related field
8 years of Electrical Engineering experience.
5 years of experience with simulation (pSpice or equivalent)
Computational programs (MathCad preferred, MatLab accepted)
Programmable logic (Altera, Xilinx).
Electrical design documentation, and technical reports.
Electronic design, simulation, modeling, analysis, and test of electronic assemblies and systems.
Digital and analog design including amplifiers, analog and digital interfacing, time domain filtering, programmable logic, low power design, communication protocols, and memory devices (EEPROM, SRAM, DRAM)
Battery operation, digital signal processing, magnetic and RF design.
electrical engineer with analog and digital. Audio frequency for analog design. Interfacing with acoustic elements
Working with analog digital converters
Microcontrollers and DSP, FPGA’s a plus
EMI, ENC, hero
HERO is hazardous Emissions of radiation ordnance: Anything that can be initiated (CO2 in our case) that they will not be triggered.
Power supply design
Low power, low efficiency design
High volume, low cost
Someone that can deal with basic communication protocols and signal processing
(Open to someone without a degree but will need to write up a cover letter explaining why they would be a good fit for the opportunity)Experience Level:
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.