- Provide the electrical engineering expertise necessary to conceptualize, propose, develop, document, and test the optimum engineering avionics integration solution under the given cost and schedule constraints.
- Perform electrical design and integration of mission and avionics systems into military and/or commercial aircraft.
- Responsibilities will include Designing system interfaces to integrate the mission, or avionic systems, with existing aircraft systems. Detail design tasking includes creation of system wiring diagrams, electrical cable assembly, and cable installation drawings using Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, and Test Procedure development using Interface Control Documents.
- Engineering liaison activities will include support to manufacturing, production installation, and system test.
- Electrical Design engineer will sometimes perform own system engineering roles regarding avionics interfaces.
- Sets highest ethical standards for self and others.
- Tools: MS Office, knowledge of AutoCad for electrical drawing creation.
- Knowledge of wiring diagram and cable assembly drawing preparation and interpretation. Knowledge of electrical design for aircraft avionics, electrical systems and components. An understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals in both analog and digital electronics.
- Minimum of 6+ years of aircraft electrical design and/or liaison experience. Understanding of wiring/cabling/connector materials, electrical loads, and familiarity with SAE-AS-50881.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as required. Must be willing to travel occasionally from the home facility (job site) to the main plant.
- Requires climbing ladders and stairs and working outdoors and on aircraft.