Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: New Berlin, Wisconsin 53151
Duration: 12 Months
- Electrical Engineer is responsible for design development, operation, testing, certification, integration and launch of the product
- Confirms system and components capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements, incorporation industry standards, researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Create detailed electrical schematics & choose appropriate electronic components to meet requirements.
- Work closely with project managers, engineers and designers in understanding workflow, design process, budgets and deadlines.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Holds and/or participates in detailed design reviews.
- Performs analytical system design, calculations and simulations
- Assesses electrical design to avoid conflicts in design process, including detailed Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and other methods of determining and addressing technical risks.
- Prepares product documentation, writes reports and give presentations.
- Creates engineering documents for electrical design.
- Ensures design for manufacturing, cost, quality, reliability and certification.
- Ensures compliance with customer, industry, company and regulatory specifications and requirements
- Shows evidence of excellent problem solving skills as well as keen analytical abilities.
- Must have strong communication skills
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of aerospace standards and products, including DO-160
- Knowledge of LED lighting design and testing
- Knowledge of Altium
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Needs ability to be responsible for multiple designs concurrently.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.