This position offers great variety of projects, and will see you involved in:
- Planning and owning the delivery of electrical designs and calculations
- Leading and contributing to the preparation of proposals and bids for projects
- Providing creative solutions to fit the needs of our clients and communities
- Coordinating the work of the team, mentoring less experienced team members
- Bachelor Degree in applicable engineering curriculum at an accredited university
- Registered Professional Engineer (Electrical) in California.
- A minimum of 5+ years of expertise across medium voltage power distribution, low voltage power distribution, arc flash, short circuit analysis, backup power systems and uninterruptible power systems.
- Experience working in multi-discipline teams that include architects, civil, structural, mechanical, and instrumentation engineers.
- Experience in business development considered a plus (proposal writing, positioning with clients, fee negotiation)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven excellence at all stages of the project life-cycle, from preparing bids to feasibility studies, consenting, detailed design and data analysis, and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated professional judgement and commercial acumen, including identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving problems to brief and budget
- Robust written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- An interest in coaching and mentoring to technically strengthen the team capabilities
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the apply link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.