In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage/coordinate/perform power studies (including Arc Flash studies)
- Manage/coordinate/perform detailed design of electrical power systems
- Assist in proposal preparation including scope development and preparation of engineering estimates
- Preparation of electrical equipment procurement specifications
- Preparation of electrical construction documents
- Design, review and seal electrical design packages
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is required
- 15-20 years of experience in the design of electrical power generation and distribution and utilization systems
- HV main and secondary substations - power distribution equipment - protective relaying and metering - electrical power generating equipment and systems
- UPS and power conditioning systems - lightning and surge protection systems - motors and motor controls - indoor/outdoor lighting systems - electrical heat tracing - wiring methods - grounding systems
- Experience with industrial and municipal clients
- Proficiency in Windows 10 and Office 2016 - Familiarity with ETAP or SKM computer-assisted electrical power study programs including short-circuit, protective relaying coordination and arc-flash studies
- Working knowledge of NFPA70 (NEC), NFPA 70E, and NFPA 70B and other electrical industry codes, standards and recommended practices
- Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, and proven time management and organizational skills
- Self-starter, flexible, team player, willing & able to work on a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision,
- Willing to travel for short assignments
Our commitment to you Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you have a passion for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position will not provide visa sponsorship.