The Project Manager(PM) - Electrical has full responsibility for electrical project or projects.He/She is responsible for the overall safety, efficiency and quality of thework; from estimating and cost control, to schedule adherence, through finalproject completion. The PM will be the Owner’s point of contact and willcoordinate the job team to meet the goals of the project.
• He/She will interpret technical statements ofwork, specifications, plans, design documentation, and other Contract Documentsas it relates to project planning, budgeting, procurements, implementation,testing, training, DBEselection, auditing and compliance, and project completion.
• The Electrical Project Manager will work witha variety of documentation on any given project including: submittals, testing,training, implementation, as-built documents, change orders, purchase orders,materials contracts and subcontracts to ensure high quality of work at a jobsite.
• Plan, schedule, adjust, and maintaintimelines in a fast paced construction/installation environment whilemaximizing resources and optimizing budgets.
• Assign cost and manpower to the schedule andprovide cash and manpower forecasting.
• Completejob costing reviews inclusive of invoice approvals, control estimatepreparation and cost projection/job cost review, monitoring project forcompliance with all applicable laws, as well as maintaining excellence ofquality and safety standards and managing site staff personnel.
• Conducts site visits to understand theconstructability of projects.
• Develops budgets and cost codes for projects;assisting in the preparation of technical proposals, including assisting in thedesign and writing the scope of work, management plans, work sequence, safety,and quality control and commissioning.
• Develops and presents clear and detailedproject scopes to the client and meets with potential customers to presentproposals.
• Develops specific goals and plans toprioritize, organize and accomplish work in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Manage all jobs closeout procedures.
• Conduct post project reviews todetermine areas for future improvement.
• Provide coaching/counseling to foreman.
- Demonstrates understanding and enthusiastic agreement with the vision and mission of J.F. White Contracting Company
- Must have experience in rail & transit electrical construction
• Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree (Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering,or Construction Management) with 10 years of experience working inelectrical construction or a Licensed Electrician with 20 years of experiencein electrical construction supervision.
• Pass a background check, including drug test.
• Works well with others in order to reachcommon goals.
• Proficiency using various softwareapplications (CADD, Scheduling, MS Office Suite, and Estimation Software).
• Strong business skills.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, andprincipals involved in the production of electrical plans, blueprints, anddrawings.
• Familiarity with electrical systems,equipment, materials, and specifications.
• Experience reading and interpretingconstruction plans and specifications.
• Experience with contract documents (contractdrawings, specifications, subcontracts, contract addendum, and change orders).
• Must possess an ambitious attitude with adesire to advance.
• Successful at thinking quickly,independently, using critical thinking and able to rely on personal judgmentand experience to make decisions and accomplish tasks.