Canon Healthcare Optics Research Laboratory is currently seeking an Electrical-Software Engineering Trainee/Intern (Trainee) to assist in electrical and software testing of the key components and materials for medical optical imaging systems. This position is a temporary assignment on or about July 1, 2019 through December 27, 2019.
- Perform electrical and software testing of prototype components and assemblies
- Perform root cause analysis and recommend possible design changes based on testing results
- Conduct competitive analysis
- Develop software tool specifications
- Conduct circuit testing and debugging
- Perform basic analysis using Matlab and/or Excel
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to coordinate daily activities and goals
- Build and improve custom test equipment and fixtures
- Present test results in team meetings using PowerPoint or other presentation software
- BS expected in Electrical, Software, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Good understanding of electrical and software, design, and testing of devices required
- Required skills in basic analysis tools like Matlab and Excel
- Programming skills (C, C++, Python)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly to others in different functions, at various levels
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018 and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
#CUSA #LI-AV1 #CBAV #DICE