Primary Objective of Position
To develop and provide leadership in the development of new products, technologies and processes to meet cost, schedule and performance required by target markets.
Job Responsibilities Technical Job Functions
Authorities and Responsibilities
- Design or direct the design of new products and major product programs having significant complexity
- Conduct investigations and experiments in new technology applicable to new and existing products to improve quality, cost and performance
- Interact with Marketing, Manufacturing and customer to define and match technology with new markets or market needs. Participates in long range planning to enhance market/product definition
- Exercise administrative control over new product programs
- Establish labor, equipment and support requirements and ensure their availability to meet schedules and market requirements for new products and programs
- Establish and maintain positive, productive working relationship with assigned teams and with all applicable departments, customers and vendors
- Provide technical analysis results to support trade compliance classifications
- Assume other projects and responsibilities from time to time as directed
- Regular and predictable attendance is presumed to be an essential function of all employment
- May directly supervise one or more engineers and technicians. Maintain extensive contact with Division Management, Production, Manufacturing Sales, Marketing and Quality Assurance Interact with outside customers, vendors and other functional groups in a technical expert capacity.
- Make daily independent and team decisions relating to new product programs and product improvements efforts, including technologies as applicable to products and marketplace. Indirectly influence long-range product planning and directly influence manufacturing operations as related to new and applied technology.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes
- Ability to satisfactorily complete and implement all OJT and required
- Ability to understand the organization structure, businesses and sites, and applying that knowledge to daily tasks, communications and assignments
Analytical, Business and Technical
- Ability to apply job knowledge and skills to improve productivity, quality and timeliness, and to solve problems, using good
- Ability to implement new technologies or methods as needed
- Ability to hold sensitive data and information in confidence
- Ability to understand and implement AS9100, ISO and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Ability to operate equipment and use tools and techniques effectively, efficiently and in accordance with ergonomic
- Proficiency in software as required; ability to perform math calculations, measurement, analysis or reporting as directed .
- Ability to comply with Company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of RF products, design and technology
- Proficiency in software required to perform math calculations, measurement and analysis
- Proficient in CAD system and applicable engineering programs
- Able to travel to customers individually and/or part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately orally, in writing or electronically
- Ability to communicate work goals, progress and changes as required
- Ability to apply interpersonal skills (empathy, negotiation, rapport, sensitivity), to develop and maintain effective workingrelationships
- Ability to demonstrate character, integrity, honesty, ethical behaviors
- Ability to effectively participate in teams and projects and contribute to unit cohesiveness and productivity
- Ability to anticipate, negotiate and manage conflicts, problems, changing situations and deadlines
- You will be part of a QMS (Quality Management System) that continually aims to reduce/eliminate non-conformances while striving to meet/exceed customer expectations in the most cost effective and efficient manner
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- VISA sponsorship not available
Engineering & Aerospace, Other