Job Description Summary:
Reporting to the Reliability Test Center Lab Supervisor, this position is responsible for supporting the Reliability Test Center in the development and execution of reliability testing for all Prince Castle products. This position is responsible for lab test execution and report generation, fabrication of life cycle test fixtures and maintenance of equipment (electromechanical experience required). PCB adaptation and rework as needed and wire harness creation as required. In addition, instrumentation of systems to be used in testing of the products. This position also provides assistance to the engineering staff with equipment innovations and improvements, calibration and testing of prototype designs including software, electronics and electromechanical appliances. Proactive time management of individual task and overall workload along with weekly time reporting to support the needs of the business. Responsible for following good ESD work practices and disciplines, good work ethics, company policies, and safety regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reliability Test Center Duties:
- Handle equipment logistics for all outsourced lab testing.
- Review internal/external lab results with business unit engineering management.
- Execute Environmental testing such as temperature, humidity, vibration, EMC, salt spray and grease migration.
- Effectively communicate with Engineering Staff on unit performance and functionality issues.
- Follow test request / ticketing process to support business units.
- Create comprehensive test plans linked back to project requirements.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and equipment; follow all 5S and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for calibration service setup, scheduling and quality records of all calibrated instruments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform electronic hardware validation and software validation testing.
- Electronic SMT PCB soldering and board rework as necessary.
- Troubleshooting and repair of electronic PCBs, electrical fixtures and electrometrical equipment.
- Perform thermal characterization of prototypes and pre-production assemblies.
- Assist in the development of tests and test fixtures.
- Design and fabrication of life cycle testers based on 3D CAD drawings and test requirement.
- Pneumatic experience a plus +