Top 3 Skills:
* Excellent communications and customer service skills required.
* Mechanical aptitude and be able to use hand and power tools.
* Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
The Residential Service Technician is responsible for installing, testing, repairing, and servicing electrical and electromechanical equipment in customer's premises and signal receiving centers. The Installer performs associated duties in the field and shop, delivers supplies and maintains pertinent records as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Installs, dismantles, troubleshoots, and reconstructs equipment required by customer
* Makes connections and required adjustments as directed; test operation of all components of each system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
* Perform prewiring for customer locations.
* Evaluates information furnished for the job, delivered materials, layout of customer's premises and practical routes for cable, conduit and/or wiring.
* Follow proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
* Read building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
* Evaluate security needs with customer.
* Promptly reports defective material or equipment, inaccuracies or omissions in job information that may result in inadequate protection for customer use.
* Follows safety practices to safeguard against injury and damage to property.
* Test operation of system to the signal receiving center to properly establish service.
* Safeguards against loss of unused materials, ladders, and tools on a job site or office location.
* Cleans up debris from installation, patches drill holes, and returns unused materials.
* Maintain accurate inventory and paperwork.
* Performs other duties as required.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Very good communicative and organization skills. The tech will need to be able to interface with customers at their residence while also keeping track of the required paperwork that corresponds with the job.
-Technician will have the opportunity to go permanent with one of the nation's largest residential security installation companies.
-Hands-on experience with the latest in-home security technology in a very demanding market.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.