A global market leader in HVAC/R, Water and Motion Controls has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Software Test Engineer to join their Drives Division Product Development Team located in Loves Park, IL
As a member of cross-functional, global project teams, the Software Test Engineer is responsible for creating test plans, test strategies, design and development of automated product software verification tests. Additional responsibilities include researching and recommending new test processes, strategies, technology, and tools planned for testing of future products.
-Execute embedded software test projects from planning through maintenance for new and existing products.
-Participate in global automated test development team. Contribute to and comply with global defined process, methods, and tools.
-Develop and maintain automated verification test programs for testing software functionality.
-Analyze regression test runs and perform other maintenance testing as well as manual verification testing.
-Continuously sustain and enhance the necessary personal knowledge in the field of Automated Test development.
-Other duties as required.
Basic Minimum Skills Required
Relevant work experience is not required to be considered for this position, but relevant education is.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Master’s Degree with advanced course work in areas relevant to product development is preferred.
- Create and maintain test plans, test cases, test reports, and other documentation, estimate effort required and hold a committed schedule.
- Create and maintain automated tests
- Predict reliability of the software
- Able to contribute as a member of an organized project team of engineers.
- Black box test design and techniques
- Understand various test needs in an agile and continuous integration environment
- Knowledgeable about various test environments (simulation, emulators, HIL, prototypes, and released products)
- Knowledge of Python programming
- Test hardware related to data acquisition and control
- Ability to work with electrical hardware in a test environment is required.
- Ability to understand and adhere to a defined software process
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with LabVIEW, NI TestStand, Robot Framework, and Python.
- General variable frequency drive experience
- Experience testing control electronics and embedded software.
- Experience with Software Configuration Management Tools such as Git and ClearCase
- Knowledgeable and well informed on new developments in research and engineering fields.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Working with remote teams in a global organization.
Engineering & Aerospace, Other