A global market leader in HVAC/R, Water and Motion Controls has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Software Test Engineer to join the Product Development Team.
As a member of cross-functional, global project teams, the Senior Software Test Engineer is responsible for creating test plans, test strategies, design and development of automated product software verification tests. Additional responsibilities include researching and recommending new test processes, strategies, technology, and tools planned for testing of future products.
- Execute software test projects from planning through maintenance for new and existing products.
- Participate in the global automated test development team. Contribute, understand, and adhere to the global defined process, methods, and tools.
- Develop and maintain automated verification test programs for testing software functionality.
- Analyze regression test runs and perform other maintenance testing and manual verification testing.
- Create user stories to facilitate planning and long-term project goals.
- Create accurate estimates and breakdown of work needed to complete a user story.
- Continuously sustain and enhance the necessary personal knowledge in the field of Automated Test development.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Other duties as required.
Basic Minimum Skills Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Create and maintain test plans, test cases, test reports, and other documentation. Must be able to estimate effort and hold a committed schedule for these tasks.
- Create and maintain automated tests
- Able to contribute as a member of an organized project team of engineers.
- Experience with black box test design and software testing techniques
- Understand various test needs in an agile and continuous integration environment
- Knowledgeable about various test environments (simulation, emulators, HIL, prototypes, and released products)
- Experience with Python
- Test hardware related to data acquisition and control
- Ability to read schematics and work with test equipment (DMM, oscilloscopes, function generator, etc.)
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Master’s Degree with advanced course work in areas relevant to product development is preferred.
- Experience with Azure DevOps / VSTS
- Experience with Robot Framework. LabVIEW and TestStand a plus.
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink
- General variable frequency drive experience
- Experience testing control electronics and embedded software.
- Experience with software configuration management and tools such as Git and ClearCase
- Knowledgeable and well informed on new developments in research and engineering fields.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Experience working with remote teams in a global organization.
Engineering & Aerospace, Other