Title : Electronic Technician
Location : Stennis Space Center, MS
Duration : 6 Months Contract
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
- Responsible for electrical services, circuits, systems, fixtures, controls and equipment.
- Industrial electrical work on such items as fluorescent fixtures, generating equipment and controls and Variable Frequency Drives motor controls.
- Works with data center IT power installing, testing, maintaining power panel boards and breakers, electrical wiring, computer room-power distribution units (PDUs), and in-rack power distribution units.
- Work on equipment carrying up to 13.8 VAC.
- Works independently and is subject to 24-hour call for emergency oversight.
- Assignments are reviewed for workmanship and adherence to standards.
- Assist in design systems including conduit, outlet boxes, fuse panels and related electrical equipment.
- Assist in all testing of related electrical equipment.
- Locates malfunctions, traces sources and circuits using voltmeters, amp meters, wattmeter and other testing equipment.
- Collects, maintains, organizes, compiles, and manipulates technical data.
- May create, build, assemble, modify and/or repair prototypes.
- Prepares engineering documentation, reports, drawings (sketches/flow charts/diagrams/schematics, etc.).
- Performs mathematical calculations per engineering specifications.
- Undertakes analyses of data where guidelines are provided.
- Recommends alternative solutions to problems and obstacles.
- May set-up and conduct tests and record data to assist with engineering analysis.
- Installs a wide variety of electrical systems, circuits, equipment, and controls; conduits, panel boards, branch circuits, feeders, lighting and other electrical equipment, within the requirements and guidelines of the National Electrical Code and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Read and interpret building plans, electrical, mechanical and architectural drawings and electrical code specifications to determine wiring installations.
- Client out, design, manage and oversee apparatus control equipment and wiring for fire alarm, communication, lighting, HVAC and power systems.
- Assist in field installations develop strategic goals and policy.
- Assist in testing of all electrical circuits to ensure integrity and safety.
- Ensure safety of all employees by following all safety rules and procedures.
- You will be expected to do precision work and adhere to industry standards for installation, repairs and safety.
- Knowledge of 1 Meg UPS, Power Distribution, Generator, SCADA and HVAC a must.
- Diagnose electrical problems using various meters and related equipment.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements.
- Excellent communicator. (both oral and written)
- Good reading skills to interpret drawings and electrical code specifications
- Teamwork skills when working on large projects with co-workers
- Mechanical/Electrical ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Manual dexterity required to perform precision work
- Problem solving abilities to change installation techniques to on-site working conditions.
- Computer Skill a must (excel, word and power point)
- Ability to perform all assigned job tasks with minimal or no supervision.
- Requires ability to work rotating day & night shifts on weekdays, weekends and holidays. Staff will be required to cover shifts and work overtime during infrastructure emergencies or natural disasters such as hurricanes.
- High school education or GED.
- Holds current Journeyman license from recognized testing organization
- Has completed accredited Electrician Apprentice training program and has minimum of 1-year experience beyond apprentice requirements.
- 5 Years' Experience to include time spent working as an Apprentice electrician.