Duration: 6 Month
Shift: 2nd Shift (4:00 pm to 12:00am)
- Lay out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair, and modify developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems, such as computer equipment, applying principles and theories of electronics, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing.
- A typically has the ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints.
- Typically has a degree in engineering technology or equivalent experience.
- The technical skills include the ability to apply the principles of electrical theory and knowledge of machines and tools.
Top 3 must have skills:
- Electrical Troubleshooting Background (Preferably in an industrial manufacturing setting)
- Communication Skills (ability to communicate effectively with the Associates and Technical teams)
- Electrical Assembly Experience (wiring, wire routing and component knowledge)
Typical Day in the Role:
• Main focus will be to provide Technical support to the Assembly cells on 2nd shift, main focus is the electrical section of assembly (wiring and testing).
Focus on Testing of Units, General Electrical Troubleshooting at the tester in the assembly lines and providing feedback to Engineering/Operations (OJT)
1. Identify and Troubleshoot Day to Day issues with units (focused on electrical).
o Provide feedback to the Technical team as to what is wrong (in passdown notes and/or can be with immediate feedback to the Engineer).
o If the problem is internal (process errors from the line) provide training to the Operations team and help make repairs to the unit.
o If the problem is external (outside vendor) provide feedback to Engineering and the Supplier Quality Engineer to help with any questions to resolve the issue.
2. Training of Operation Associates
o Provide training for associates on schematic reading, proper building of electrical components, proper wire routing of units and proper testing of units.
o This will mostly take the form of OJT and feedback from problems found on the line or in the field.
3. Project Work
o Assist Engineering team with project work.
o These include VA/VE projects, new designs, scrap reduction projects and quality improvement projects.