nTech Solutions, a leader in the recruitment of professionals, has an immediate opening for a Testing Engineer in the Baltimore, MD area.
Terms of Employment
● W2 Contract: 13 Months
o Highly likely for extension up to 24 months.
● nTech Benefits Snapshot
o Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
o Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
o x1.5 Overtime Pay
About the Team
● eChannels division, testing various customer facing software applications.
● Team is a mixture of skillsets
● Maintenance and enhancements of the corporate website, mobile app, moved payment vendors, etc.
● Team emphasis customer journey and experiences
Purpose of Position
● Pivoting towards Agile with automated test cases. Team currently is responsible for a lot of regression testing – this is a continuous process. The team needs to automate these test cases for web, mobile app, and standard projects.
● Work with the DevOps team to gain an understanding of utility functions98 to automate test cases for all IT projects moving forward.
● Assist with executing manual test scripts, running regression testing, writing business requirements, and defining test cases
● Perform QA, UAT where needed
● Assist the team in migrating from manual test scripts to automated test scripts
● Apply in-depth understanding of business and IT requirements to streamline administration and internal processes, resulting in enhanced automation and operational efficiency.
● M-F, 40 hours per week, potential for OT in the weekends/evenings (they do try and avoid this, however). This is a mostly onsite position – remote at times (it seems ad hoc).
● In terms of manual/regression testing vs. automated testing will TBD – it will be blended, but she is unsure of how-to quantity the split at this time. That said, she imagines the manual, regression testing, writing business requirements, etc.
● This individual will have tremendous opportunity to being innovation to the client’s web platforms