Job Title: Embedded Engineer (C++)
Job Location: Lakewood, CO - 80215
Job Type: Perm / Direct hire
A medical device company that is a leading researcher in leukemia and blood sciences, the benefits of working at this client is being part of an organization that changes lives. Their culture and their premises are top notch. Our client is interested in the best talent nationwide and is offering up to a $15,000 relocation package to come move to beautiful Colorado!
This position participates as a high-level technical expert in design development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software for third party customers, project leads, and management. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Develops and/or provides technical leadership in the development of software involving application of new technologies with significant technical risk.
- Act as high-level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Lead a large development team in the design of highly complex software systems for third party customers, and is responsible for project completion as required. Designs, develops, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to apply to, and integrate with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements.
- Independently design and develop new software products or major enhancements to existing software for third party customers.
- Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software operating systems, including, but not limited to, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Advances new techniques or advances the state-of-the-art.
- Establishes program goals and defines plans and cost/schedule requirement.
- Prepare detailed plans, which may span over a year for programs or complex projects.
- Operate with substantial latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Reviews progress with management. Assist in training less-experienced software development staff.
- Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
- Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- May act as team leader on less complex projects.
- Resolves customer complaints and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements from third party customers.
- May participate in the development of software user manuals.
- May participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
- Experience Minimum 8 years experience Must have experience with mission critical applications, preferably medical products or devices.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements preferred.
- Skills Must have knowledge of the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products.
- Skilled in developing technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Ability to use object-oriented systems composed of objects that communicate with one another using explicitly designed interfaces, an (OO) methodologies which may include OMT and UML.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of one technology or basic knowledge of several technologies. Possess proficiency in object engineering and applications development using object oriented (OO) tools such as C++, Visual C++, C#, etc.
- Conducts research in design, development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing hardware and software and/or electrical components, circuitry, processes, packaging and cabinetry for CPU's and peripheral equipment.
- Work beyond routine nature of tasks, utilizing specialized knowledge and technologies. Individual must be team-oriented with excellent attitude and vision. Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, -Or- An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.