Embedded Firmware Engineer
6-12 months + The Sr. Firmware Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering input to the product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement), sourcing, quality, service, and marketing. This position will primarily focus on the design and development of microprocessor or SoC based embedded software or firmware used in IoT and communication devices. Responsibilities:
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market - specific responsibilities include designing and developing application software/firmware for embedded controllers in C and C++, defining interface requirements, and creating firmware for communication interfaces and/or system algorithms.
- Provide new product development support in the Industrial, Commercial, Residential and/or Retail generator or Power Tool product area including: supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs), interfacing with internal company personnel, and providing technical support for assigned projects.
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes.
- Helps create software specifications.
- Aides in costing and project planning.
- Creates project documentation, test procedures, manuals etc.
- Designs new control algorithms and performs Applications Engineering.
- Designs new software modules and develops supporting documentation.
- Creates test specifications for new systems.
- Maintains existing software and documentation.
- Participates in formal design reviews.
- Tests new hardware designs via custom software.
- Creates PC based testing tools (in software).
- Other duties as assigned.