Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches, designs, validates, and brings new hardware products to market.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates a variety of moderately complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of moderately complex products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize moderately complex designs for manufacturability.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Acts as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers.
- Travel to other Client facilities as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including a minimum of 5 years of experience in hardware design.
- Experience in design of industrial/automotive electronic control systems and assemblies
- Experience with Freescale PowerPC and/or Microchip PIC microcontrollers
- Experience with Altium Designer for schematic capture and layout
- Familiarity with simulation software such as P-Spice, Mentor Graphics Hyperlynx, Matlab Simulink
- Experience with designing battery charging circuitry, Switch-Mode Power Supply (SMPS)
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing
- RF/wireless controls knowledge
- Conduct FMEA/DFMEA analysis
- Experience with design release process
- Knowledge of PID loops
- Communication protocol/ hardware interface knowledge, such as RS232, RS485, CAN, Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C, Flash, EEPROM, ADC/DAC, WiFi/Bluetooth
- Design to meet agency compliance such as UL, CSA, NEC, CE, FCC, NFPA, EPA
- Experience with Agile software development practices and tools
Engineering & Aerospace, Other
Company paid Basic Life; other benefits avail.