The embedded software engineer will collaborate with other members of a product development team to research and develop the software of an device with integrated sensors and a control unit. The core job responsibilities include rapidly code and test embedded software concepts. He/she will work with software architect, engineering team, and the quality/regulatory team to bring these ideas into commercial products. Additional responsibility include research for future products, feature sets, and concepts, development of active projects, and sustaining engineering for continuous improvement.
* Design, implement, and test new software in embedded devices and systems from requirements through production and commercial deployment.
* Integrate, test, debug, and generate documentation for embedded software; this will be done in an FDA regulated environment, but prior medical experience is not required.
* Evaluate new software solutions by determining feasibility, implementation and validation requirements, and within the constraints of resources and cost.
* Integrate software with electrical and mechanical systems.
* Develop and maintain project schedules and budgets; support multiple ongoing projects.
* Contribute to the development of intellectual property through maintenance of a lab notebook and converting novel ideas to patent applications.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with applicable skills. Masters degree in a similar discipline a plus.
* 5+ years related experience with embedded software in a team environment.
* Strong knowledge of C/C++ programming and user interface development.
* Experience with embedded systems and knowledge of bare-metal and real-time hardware environments.
* Source code debugging at the component and board level, integrated development and working in both IDE and command line environments.
* Experience with ARM based processors; ST Micro experience a plus .
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.