Position: Design Engineer/Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Head of Research & Development
- Design products and perform Sustaining Engineering functions, initiate & complete product changes, develop prototypes, bills of material and product packaging to meet specifications, including cost considerations, from Marketing, Quality Assurance, Production and Management.
- Responsible for all aspects of Solidworks software/hardware, maintenance, administration, best practices and serve as resident expert in 2 & 3-D drawing, model & assembly creation.
- Prepare, review and approve Engineering Change Orders from a variety of sources.
- Prepare red-lined copies of engineering drawings, bills of material, manufacturing outlines, installation manuals, etc. which must be changed.
- Prepare drafts and final copies of engineering drawings.
- Review/approve drawings by other team members.
- Research and resolve design problems.
- Work with the Purchasing team and vendors to locate cost-effective parts and prototypes that meet specifications.
- Provide technical support to/answer technical questions from other employees, customers, regulatory bodies, etc.
- Maintain Design History Files in concert with Regulatory Affairs team.
- Perform other tasks as required.