SNI Technology's client located in Boulder, CO is seeking to hire an Embedded Systems Software Engineer for an exciting, contract-to-hire opportunity.
The Embedded Systems Software Engineer will be responsible for developing an application management platform on embedded Linux systems. This platform will support installation and customization of IoT edge applications within containers optimized to run on embedded Linux platforms.
The ideal candidate will have experience ranging from Linux system programming to user-facing web applications, with expertise in the lower parts of the software stack.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Years of Experience: 2 - 5 Years Minimum
Required Skills (Must Have):
- Linux shell scripting
- Linux system and user space software development
- Building/managing containers in a Linux environment
- Embedded Linux Platform experience (such as BeagleBone or Raspberry Pi)
- Must be a US Person in accordance with United States immigration laws to be considered for this position
Desired Skills and Experience (You'll stand out if you know or have used):
- AWS (in general) and GreenGrass (in particular)
- Azure (in general) and IoT Edge (in particular)
- Application/license management
- Customizing Linux distributions
- Embedded web development
- Languages - Go
- Build systems tools such as Make, CMake, autotools, OpenEmbedded, opkg, and debian tools
Educational Requirements and Certifications:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field and 2+ years of industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.