The Endpoint Architect is responsible for creating and maintaining the overall client architectures for Integer globally. This will include setting and enforcing standards and developing strategies and roadmaps for desktops, laptops, mobile devices, tablets, along with assessing new technologies for fit and applicability to Integer business requirements.
The position is responsible for defining overall endpoint deployment strategy and methodologies including, operating system & application life cycle maintenance, and endpoint management technology and approach.
The Endpoint Architect will be a self-motivated, creative problem solver and possess flexibility in working on a variety of projects and technical support needs is critical. Candidate must possess the ability to work with both IT and business stakeholders, throughout the design and implementation phases.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
* Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
* Defines and maintains the overall endpoint architecture and strategy globally, including PCs, mobile devices, and incorporating new technology where appropriate and applicable to Integer's business objectives and requirements.
* Creates, publishes, and enforces standards for desktops, laptops, mobile devices, tablets, etc.
* Develops technology roadmaps and lifecycles partnering with key vendors and suppliers.
* Responsible for defining the strategy, methodologies, and processes for PC image development and maintenance, image loading, application installs and distribution coupled with appropriate architecture for utilization and deployment of group policies.
* Defines endpoint management strategy and the global deployment of the enterprise Microsoft SCCM platform, and enhanced processes for asset management, license management, software deployment, etc.
* Ensures the design of the enterprise desktop management environment and client technologies seamlessly integrates and addresses overall IT requirements for applications, security, servers, network, etc.
* Collaborates with cross-functional IT and business stakeholders to ensure awareness, adoption, and adequate fulfillment of requirements within the endpoint architecture.
* Focal point to assess new business requirements and project demand in the client space, to determine if an existing standard will meet the needs, or new technology may be warranted.
* Provides technical advice and consultation as required across the enterprise in responsible areas.
* Plans, conducts, and oversees the technical endpoint aspects of projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in these projects.
* Creates and keeps current adequate documentation of all client architecture, diagrams, roadmaps, SOPs, etc.
* Provides leadership and technical guidance, and mentoring to less experienced personnel.
* Contributes to managing the expectations of the business and customers concerning the delivery and use of IT services.
* Performs other functions as required.
Education & Experience:
* Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems Management or a related field.
* Minimum Experience: 8+ years of experience in Information Technology.
Knowledge & Skills:
* Working experience in an End User services or Desktop services role, managing endpoints in a complex, enterprise class, Windows environment.
* Thorough understanding and troubleshooting skills with endpoint hardware and peripherals with experience supporting Windows 7 and above along with Active Directory, GPOs and Windows networking technologies.
* Experience and skill administering enterprise desktop management tools such as Microsoft SCCM, or Altiris.
* Experience working with other Infrastructure disciplines, such as server and network, is a plus.
* Working knowledge of network and infrastructure technologies, project management, and ITIL/ITSM concepts is preferred.
* Microsoft certifications:
o MCSE certification is a plus.
o MCTS certification is highly desired.
* Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong leadership ability. Strong organizational skills and ability to work successfully with many high priority demands.
* Thrives in a fast paced, growing environment with minimum supervision while working well with others and participating as a team player.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to solve cross-functional performance and interoperability issues.
* Travel up to 10% depending on business needs.