Engineer Technician is responsible for maintaining, repair and install specific equipment and systems throughout the facility at an expert level, to ensure safe and proper operation of assigned equipment, and to support other aspects of the operation as needed.
What will I be doing?
A Engineer Technician will have a STRONG focus on HVAC and refrigeration.
Will also assist in maintaining the guest rooms, public space and back of the house areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and masonry to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Inspect guestrooms, public space and back of the house for areas to repair, touch up or replace.
- Repairs, or replace items such as light bulbs, lamps, switches, outlets, faucets, toilets, hardware, filters, paint, furniture, wall coverings, caulking, grouting or other miscellaneous items.
- Assists other department team members in the systematic application of the preventive maintenance program.
- Makes records of repairs made, or areas needing further attention.
SPECIFICJOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Theindividual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and beable to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essentialfunctions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable knowledge of HVACR supplies and materials and their proper application.
- Must have considerable knowledge of systems, relatedcontrols, and components to maintain and repair related equipment within assigned area of expertise.
Skilled in the use of maintenance-related instruments andtools including multi-meter, amprobe, hand tools and small power tools in orderto perform the functions of the job in a safe and efficient manner.
Considerable knowledge of HVACR supplies and materials andtheir proper application.
Extensive knowledge of safe working practices in regards towire sizes, fuse sizes and overloading of electrical circuits.
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades, including basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment.
- Working knowledge of basic hand and power tools.
- Basic English language communication and mathematical skills in order to communicate with co-workers fully comprehend job assignments and perform accurate simple arithmetic functions.
- Basic experience in the following maintenance trades: Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC
- Open availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.