LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The R&D PT Laboratory Technician's primary role is to perform testing and to develop an understanding of polymer and chemistry, as well as, the fundamental principles of the analysis. This role participates in the development of new methods, the purchase and installation of new equipment and in investigate research studies examining the interplay between the polymer, test desing and morphology. The successful candidate will lead reserach teams in their assigned area, design and conduct experiments and study the latest polymer research to enhance the lab's capabilities. The laboratory environment is one committed to continuing education, career growth and teamwork in support of collaborative research.
Roles & Responsibilities
Exhibit excellent safety leadership in teh workplace, consistent with company and site HSE goals
- Operate computer based laboratory test equipment in accordance with LyondellBasell Standard Operating Pcoedures and Site/Corporate Safety policies. Primary tests areas include: tensile, flex, impact, barrier, density and rheology.
- Perform routine maintenance, safety and accuracy checks on assigned equipment
- Interface effectively with R&D researchers, other technicians, design engineers, site HSE, and supervision for the planning and execution of efficient experimental programs with the highest attention to personnel and process safety
- Lead on-the-job training of fellow technicians on an as-needed basis. To accomplish this, the position requires good verbal and written communication skills
- Engage in frequent developmental dialog with supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development
Associates Degree in engineering/polymer science and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an R&D laboratory
- Solid background in statistics, computer-based instrument control systems, and office software tools
- Highly self-motivated individual, focused on providing quality laboratory data in an efficient manner with the ability to exhibit excellent workplace leadership in the pursuit of site HSE goals, project goals, and site/company workplace initiatives
- Problem-solving skills and be able to make competent, independent decisions in a timely fashion to ensure excellent progress on projects and assigned tasks
- Ability to adhere to the highest performance standards of personal and process safety and exhibit good leadership in the workplace for accomplishing site/company HSE goals
- Team player with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal/external customers
- Must be willing and able to work in environments that require frequent bending, reaching and lifting up to 35 pounds
- Must be willing and able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
A Bachelor's degree in Materials Science, Physics, Engineering or related technical field is strongly preferred.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati