LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
To manage projects that will incorporate step change improvements in all aspects of safety, cost and operational equipment efficiency. This engineer will identify solutions to resolve the gaps between the business plan and the demonstrated performance as a source of improvement projects. The engineer will manage some dedicated electrical and instrument projects with responsibility for the estimation, design, procurement, and construction with internal and external resources.
Roles & Responsibilities, continued
- Apply layer of protection analysis and SIS concepts and interface with maintenance for PM optimization. Identification of critical equipment and instrumentation and supports maintenance in the optimization of the mechanical integrity program including PM/PDM programs.
- Interface with the Global Project Engineering Group during the design and installation of major capital projects for integration into the site's systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that projects design complies with codes & standards.
- Support a culture where teamwork and close cooperation of all business activities working towards LyondellBasell company values and goals is the highest priority. Support a culture in which employee health, safety, environmental stewardship and high reliability are the top priorities.
- Liaises with vendors and third party equipment experts to resolve reliability and performance issues.
- Uses continuous learning in order to achieve better reliability at lower costs. Responsible for acquisition and sharing of best practices from inside and outside the plant through Knowledge Management, participates in relevant communities and interfaces with LBI organizations to implement best practices and engineering standards.
- Play an active role in the Path 2 Excellence initiative to obtain the goals of : Zero Recordables, Zero Environmental Events, and an Increase in the Production Target.
BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
5+ years of manufacturing experience.
Project Management experience
Familiarity with electrical engineering standards
Understanding of applicable laws, guidelines, principles and codes
Skill in collaborative problem-solving and trouble shooting
Ability to work with third party suppliers
Organizational and planning skills including ability to set priorities
Technical and analytic skill to identify opportunities for cost savings
Min. Qualifications, continued
Demonstrate electrical and/or instrument engineering skills and capabilities
PLC Programming a plus
Demonstrate IT capability in Microsoft Office Suite
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles