LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
This role is part of the Morris Site Reliability Group supporting plant operation and reliability improvement efforts. Working in a team environment, it carries responsibility for implementing reliability best practices, developing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks, and supporting day to day maintenance activities. The position interacts with other technical groups on site (process engineering, maintenance, and capital project groups), corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant reliability and performance.Roles & Responsibilities
* Apply data analysis techniques to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations including capacity, quality, cost, and regulatory compliance issues
* Consult with peers at the site and across the company
* Serve as a resource and conduit to share best practices and leverage operating improvement opportunities across the site and company
* Provide technical support/expertise within your discipline in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize asset availability
* Participate in the development of design and installation specifications and commissioning plans.
* Participate in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers. Develop acceptance tests and inspection criteria
* Maintain awareness of emerging technology, assessing applicability to improve reliability and performance, or to reduce maintenance cost
* Lead or participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis
* Manage risk to the achievement of an organization's strategic objectives in the areas of environmental health and safety, asset capability, quality, and production
* Provide input to a risk management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operations
* Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
* Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions
* Provide technical support to production, maintenance, project, and process engineering groups
* Lead interdisciplinary reliability improvement teams to guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, controls and safety systems.
* Implement Safety Instrumented Systems that meet availability requirements by translating Process Hazard Analysis requirements into technical design specifications and preventive/predictive maintenance plans.
BS degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries is preferred. Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building. The successful candidate must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow. The individual must have or develop basic proficiency in the following areas with the ability to develop into a subject matter expert in particular areas:
* Basic understanding of industry codes and standards (i.e. IEEE, ISA, NFPA, NEC)
* Instrumentation and measurement technology
* Low voltage power distribution and controls
* Safety Instrumented System specification, design, and implementation
* Analyzers and sample systems
* PLC maintenance and programming
* Component failure analysis
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Davenport