LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Electrical Engineer -Chocolate Bayou
We are currently seeking to fill an Electrical Engineer opening at LyondellBasell's Chocolate Bayou site located near Alvin, TX. The Chocolate Bayou site has 2 manufacturing lines which produce high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic resins. The site maintains a workforce consisting of approximately 60 employees and 10 contractors. For the last 2 years LyondellBasell has been named by Forbes Magazine as one of the worlds most admired companies. We offer a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, employee discounts and pension plan. Relocation is available.
Working in a team environment, in this role the engineer is responsible for implementing reliability best practices, developing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks; as well as supporting maintenance activities. The position interacts with other engineers, specialists, and technicians at the site, corporate technical networks, peers at other locations, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant reliability and performance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Monitor equipment performance and make improvement recommendations
- Apply data analysis techniques to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations including capacity, quality, cost, safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance issues
- Consult with peers at the site and across the company
- Provide technical support/expertise within your discipline in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize asset availability
- Lead or participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions
- Participate in interdisciplinary reliability improvement teams to guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, controls, and safety systems.
- Provide technical support within your discipline to production, maintenance, project, and process engineering groups
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
- The successful candidate must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow.
- The individual must have or develop basic proficiency in the following areas:
- Interpretation and application of industry codes and standards (i.e. IEEE, ISA, NFPA, NEC)
- Process instrumentation and control valves
- Motors, motor controls, and drives
- Analyzers and sample systems
- PLC maintenance, troubleshooting, and programming
- Distributed control systems
- Project management
- Reliability Engineering concepts
- Reliability data analysis techniques
- Predictive and Preventive Maintenance concepts
- Basic knowledge of power distribution systems
- Basic knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) design and logic
- Ability to apply computer software tools (SAP, Microsoft Office, Meridium, CAD)
- The successful candidate must have strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to conducting business in an ethical way.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.