LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
LyondellBasell is searching for a Senior Fixed Equipment Maintenance & Reliability Engineer for the new Louisiana Integrated Polymers (LIP) Joint Venture Olefins and Derivatives Plant located in Lake Charles, LA. This is a direct-hire position with competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package and pension plan. Relocation is available. This position will be assigned to support the overall Fixed Equipment Maintenance and Reliability effort of the new Ethylene, Utilities and Offsites, LDPE and LLDPE Plants and execute the Ethylene Pyrolysis Furnace Maintenance effort
This position will ultimately be responsible for leading Fixed Equipment reliability systems and improvements in an assigned area of the LIP Complex. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Roles & Responsibilities
* Act as a liaison between the Site and Ethylene Pyrolysis Furnace Maintenance and Reliability corporate management effort. Manage the Maintenance and Reliability Program for replacement and maintenance of furnace tubes and refractory.
* Work with engineers, inspectors, operators and maintenance personnel to improve the performance of fixed assets. The engineer will develop and maintain risk-based inspection program and strategies per API 580/581 to minimize risk of equipment failures and process safety incidents.
* Work closely with Unit Inspector(s) to troubleshoot fixed equipment issues and review Inspection & Testing Plans (ITPs) for piping / equipment repairs and new installations.
* Provides technical mentoring to Unit Inspectors.
* Key member of the teams developing Risk Based Inspections Strategies for all fixed equipment.
* Maintains availability of up to date information concerning fixed equipment and piping remaining service interval and remaining useful life.
* Reviews requests for installation of Leak Repair Devices.
* Leads the development of technical assessment packages for hot taps, stopples, line freezes, welding on live equipment, etc.
* Reviews the Inspection Test Plans for furnaces, boilers, heaters, flares, burners, refractory, insulation, high pressure materials, tanks, exchangers, vessels and piping.
* Support Turnarounds through engineering package reviews, drawing reviews and scope development.
* Analyzes inspection deficiencies and makes recommendations to improve equipment or piping reliability.
* Analyzes inspection procedures, programs, processes and technologies and applies knowledge to optimize overall effectiveness versus RAGAGEP and OSHA PSM Guidelines.
* Leads or participates in incident investigations and root cause failure analysis.
* Assists in the development and/or approves stationary equipment repair plans, rerates, & modifications related to expense and capital projects.
* Performs fitness for service evaluations per API, ASME or applicable industry guidelines/standards, including evaluations per API-579.
* Subject matter expert for assessments of relief valve testing intervals. Performs analysis of relief valve testing intervals and applies RBI to optimize testing.
* Perform bolted joint calculations and select gaskets.
* Identify, evaluate and implement strategic reliability improvements which, when complete, reduce maintenance costs and improve unit reliability in pursuit of long term goals.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* 7+ years of minimum plant experience working with Fixed Equipment
* Working knowledge and familiarity in accessing current industry standards including but not limited to ASME/API/NACE, etc..
* API certifications are preferred: API 580, API 510, API 570, API 653
* Knowledgeable on current ASME, API, and AWS codes.
* Strong fundamentals in engineering consultation and technical knowledge (e.g. interpretation of inspection data, mechanical design, equipment damage mechanisms, etc.)
* Current TWIC credentials
* Understanding of CMMS systems and content development, i.e. SAP, Inspection Manager, Meridium, Ultra Pipe, etc..
* Ability to grasp Lyondellbasell Operational Excellence GAIS (FLOC, Asset Register, PM's PdM's, etc.)
* Experience performing varying roles in support of plant turnaround and/or new plant commissioning (planning, execution, start-up support, etc..)
* Experience performing equipment troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis is required.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles