There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Engineer, Integration-Assoc - Mason OH.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm, 40 Hours a Week
*Salary dependent upon experience
Develop and support integration solutions between the Quest Diagnostics ChartMaxx product and client information systems. The Associate Integration Engineer works closely with the integration team to aid in the document backload process, ADT backload process, and the interface server migrations. This individual modifies programs per specifications, including coding, testing, debugging, documentation and production support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop scripts to load documents and document meta-data into ChartMaxx.
2. Using the Integration Engine tools to migrate interfaces from production interface server to new interface server.
3. Install and configure interface software onto interface servers.
4. Develop, execute, and document development efforts and test plans for interface server migrations.
5. Update specifications for interfaces.
6. Support of production interfaces/integrations.
Education Preferred: • Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or similar; or equivalent experience. Industry certification with directly related experience may be substituted for the degree requirements on a year for year basis.
Work Experience: • Appropriate college coursework, technical training, or industry certifications may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required work experience.
Physical and Mental Requirements: • Ability to multi-task
• Analytical skills
• Ability to follow verbal or written instructions
• Thinking analytically
• Using effective verbal communication
• Using effective written communication
• Concentrating on tasks
• Making decisions
• Adjusting to change
• Examining/observing details
• Sitting for long periods at a time
Other: • Specific technical skills desired: Oracle, MySQL, HL7, XML, Perl Scripting Language, Healthcare integration / interface experience, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP(S)
• Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality
• Superior listening and problem resolution skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to use Microsoft Office suite of products
• Self-directed, reliable, with considerable initiative
• Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical staff and customers.
• Ability to interact well with users, technical staff and management at all levels within Quest Diagnostics and customer organizations.
• Demonstrated aptitude and desire for learning new technologies.
• Experience with middleware applications preferred.
• Ability to manage development efforts across multiple customers.
Junior level engineer - someone straight out of college that could grow into more senior level roles in the future.How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewedClosing Statement
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: 'Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights.'
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email [email protected] or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation.