LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
Located at the La Porte Complex, the Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize various equipment as well as drive processes and product improvements while maintaining a strong safety and environmental compliance focus. During a typical day the candidate will apply technical knowledge to analyze causes of long term reliability issues, execute expense projects, provide general assistance trouble shooting day-to-day issues and provide technical training to less experienced engineers.Roles & Responsibilities
* Develop and maintain systems to improve and sustain value in the areas of health, safety, environment, production rates, reliability, cost and quality.
* Assessing pump, bearing, mechanical seal, & compression equipment performance issues, performing equipment condition assessments, reviewing leak sealing device designs, and providing QA/QC requirements for both stationary and machinery equipment.
* Perform in depth investigations to properly identify and eliminate the root cause of incidents, complete and close findings as required
* Maintain strong safety and environmental compliance focus.
* Execute recommendations to improve unit performance.
* Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize operating units.
* Provide mechanical design support and execute capital projects.
* Provide support for unit outages/turnarounds as required.
* B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Minimum 4 years of experience working as a mechanical engineer with relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process industries
* Strong communication skills-both verbally and in writing.
* Demonstrated strong independent decision-making skills
* Must have strong computer skills including SAP and Microsoft Office
* General knowledge of project management, reliability engineering and root cause analysis
* Experience with both fixed and rotating equipment is preferred.CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston