Below is the job description for the same-
Role: Equipment Engineer - III
Core Equipment Engineering (CEEI) group under Wireline Network Operations and Engineering organization is responsible for equipment engineering, implementation engineering, and network equipment inventory for networks supporting Multi-Service Edge (MSE), Public and Private IP, Voice over IP (VoIP), Internal Data Network (IDN), . CEE provides and supports construction and provisioning teams with detailed project installation packages (I-Specs) and material ordering while maintaining records in centralized engineering databases called ICON and VENUE.
The selected candidate will fulfill functions within the organization that may include:
* Perform detailed equipment engineering for new network build outs and augments. This includes the creation of I-Specs for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, requisitioning of project materials/equipment, and ensuring vendor delivery.
* Creation of I-Spec which includes: Coordinate Detail Engineering, Equipment/Hardware/Cable Ordering, delivery and Installation. Set and track appropriate dates and facilitate communication/coordination between cross functional teams to ensure successful, on-time completion.
* Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
* Manage, input, and update Engineering Databases (i.e. ICON, Venue…) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
* Provide general guidance to cross functional teams as it pertains to Network projects, systems, and process.
* Resolve a wide array of engineering issues in coordination with other internal/external organizations.
* Maintain higher level privileges and access to system applications that are required to manipulate the engineering data.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
* 5-10 years related experience with Equipment/Detailed Engineering
* Previous experience with Engineering systems & Databases
* Strong computer skills including proficiency in the MS Office suite
* Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Highly motivated, self-supervised, customer focused individual with organizational and
leadership skills to push all projects to completion
* Strong knowledge in job related functional area and of the telecommunications business
* Technical degree strongly preferred