Job Title: Engineer II
Job Location: Madison, WI
Job Type: Contract
Our client specializing in technical solutions for large organizations are seeking a candidate who will work as onboarding specialist for the Managed Services team, working with new enterprise customers to bring their environments into the Managed Services systems. A strong sense of customer service paired with a technical mindset will be the key to success in this role
This person will be a Mid-level engineer with experience leading discussions with customers. Daily work includes collaborating with approx.. 10 coworkers focused on onboarding customers into a Managed Services system. Work includes but is not limited to customer device configuration and backend system configuration to support onboarding.
There is a chance for this to go permanent for the right fit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experiences.
- Experience in planning, deployment, and operational support of advanced technologies and
- Leadership, ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities, attention to detail, ability to follow process, work without constant supervision
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, ability to drive for results
- Passion for technology demonstrated by success in a technical field, technology-related
internships, or by technology-focused, extra-curricular activities.
- Demonstrated complex problem solving, inductive reasoning, critical thinking, and problem
sensitivity at work and in personal circumstances.
- Strong work ethic demonstrated by a successful work track record.
- Strong technical aptitude demonstrated by successful completion of technical certifications,
individual mastery of technical topics, or by success in technology-related internships.
- Drive for success demonstrated by consistent high achievement in personal and academic
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and end users.
- Meraki and CraddlePoint Solutions
- Switches – Cisco IOS and Nexus platforms
- Routers – Cisco IOS and IOS XE platforms
- Firewalls - Cisco ASA and FWSM platforms, Palo Alto
- Load Balancers - Cisco ACE, CSS, F5 LTM and F5 GS
- WAN Optimization - Riverbed Steelhead and Cisco WAAS
- Layer 3 networking
- Multicast Networking
- Security - CBAC, Zone-Based firewall, Reflex ACL, NAT, IP Source Guard, uRPF, Cisco IPS/IPS
- Unified Computing/Virtualization
- Data Center
- Operating System/utilities - Windows , Red Hat Linux, Solaris, DNS, DHCP, NetFlow, Wireshark
- Hands-on experience in a large enterprise or data center environments
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent