Location: Madison, WI
- Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain MySQL databases in production and non-production environments.
- Support local/across the DC failover with High Availability Disaster Recovery environment with MySQL native Replication. Participate in Database Maintenance and DR activities.
- Write/maintain OS level scripts for DB automation and application maintenance.
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
- Physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of escalated Level 2 and Level 3 issues.
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, and the structured organized reporting of the same.
- Work closely with other Infrastructure engineering, product development, business operations, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA’s and performance targets.
- Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
- On-call rotation with other DBA engineers
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information technology field is a must.
- 5-7 years of DBA experience, managing MySQL databases, Versions 5.x and onwards
- 3-4 years of MySQL Replication experience, managing complex replication topology
- Expertise in patching and upgrading MySQL
- Extensive MySQL technical competence and experience in high Availability solutions using standard replication
- Experience with MySQL InnoDB Cluster or similar kind of Clustering solution
- Understanding, support and troubleshoot of clustered environment
- Experience in backup and recovery using MySQL dumps and MySQL Enterprise Backups
- Expertise in Query tuning - adding/removing indexes, rewriting queries for better performance
- Linux Shell scripting, SQL, Ansible – able to help automate the MySQL installs and upgrades
- Troubleshoot complex database issues in accurate and timely manner ensuring defined SLAs
- Good understanding of MySQL Security
- Experience in other RDBMS like MSSQL or Oracle is a bonus
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate effectively with team members and customers
- Proficiency in writing SQL procedures and functions for administration and application support
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, Shell scripting, Perl/Python scripting is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Science, Engineering, or other closely related discipline
- MySQL certifications
- Experience working in Linux and Microsoft operating system environments
- Minimum of 4+ years in MySQL database management and design in an enterprise environment
- Minimum of 2+ years in MySQL Replication /Clustering
- Experience working in Multi Data Center MySQL Replication
- Experience working with other RDBMS technologies (ie. Oracle RDBMS; MSSQL)
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!