Job Description: Unified Communications Engineer III
Position Type: Contract/Contract to hire
Top 3 Skills: Call Manager, Contact Center Express, Gateways
Our Client’s vision is to be THE national provider of Managed Services. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Managed Services. Engineers are responsible for the development and delivery of our Managed Services offerings. Engineers apply the necessary technical breadth to providing top level technical support services and operational leadership, including problem resolution, and technical change implementation for Managed Services clients. Engineers at our client are smart, hardworking individuals with top level experience and enjoy working on highly visible, technically challenging projects and service offerings. They are high caliber, well rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, with exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Minimum of 3 year engineering experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable.
- In depth experience with Cisco Unified Communications (UCM, CME, CUC, CUE, CCE, CCX, MRA, Expressways, B2B Video, TPX and Video Endpoints, Firewalls, Cisco LAN Switches, Routers and Voice Gateways, CUBE, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of SIP Protocol
- Experience with call flow analysis
- Experience in Cisco PBX and/or Call Center systems engineering experience
- Previous experience developing and delivering complex technical presentations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet client needs
- Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.
- Ability to establish customer trust and confidence in the Managed Services knowledge of and concern for customers’ business needs.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the customers while meeting deadlines.
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate root cause analysis.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Customer Service focused and a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to consistently follow policies and procedures.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
- Must know when to ask for assistance. Must be approachable, teachable, a team player with a strong desire to continue learning and expanding their experience in a highly evolving technical environment.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to meet rigid and urgent assignment schedules.
- In depth QOS design and implementation experience
- Experience with Pexip
- Minimum of one-year experience in programming or analytical work
- CCNA, CCNP or CCDP certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on experience in a large Data Center environment
- ITIL Foundations Certification
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!