As an Engineer for Hydro Air, an Applied company, you will assist our sales force with technical expertise for the design of fluid power systems and customer system integrations. This includes preparing hydraulic schematics, test procedures and recommend components. You will provide integral project management for these systems.
- Provide technical drawings and schematics of Electrical and fluid power systems.
- Review drawings, plans and other customer documents in order to prepare detailed technical proposals involving products and services offered.
- Propose changes in equipment, processes or use of materials, which would result in cost reduction or operational improvements for the customer.
- Provide technical services to customers relating the use, operation and maintenance of products represented.
- Develop business relationships with engineers and other professional and technical personnel at commercial, industrial and other establishments to create solutions that incorporate our products and systems.
- Maintain professional working contact with key suppliers of products sold.
- Coordinate projects with branch personnel, including sales and shop associates.
- Travel to customer locations occasionally required.
- Mechanical hands-on assistance may be required on occasion.
- Degree in engineering, Electrical or Mechanical preferred
- Working knowledge of DesignCAD or SolidWorks
- 5+ years technical design knowledge of Electrical controls and Fluid power and - primarily Hydraulics
- Electrical/ Fluid Power Industry experience
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Listening, negotiating, and effective questioning skills.
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new processes and systems.
- Organization skills, detailed oriented and written communication skills.
- PC proficiency with Word, Excel and other Office applications
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously
HydroAir is the leading distributor of fluid power, mobile hydraulic and industrial automation solutions in the Northeast. Staffed by Certified Fluid Power Engineers and Specialists, they are ready to assist customers with hydraulic projects from concept to completion.
Parent company Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is the world’s largest fluid power distributor. Our network of 18 fluid power companies (70+ locations) in North America is a resource for dedicated fluid power support. We have one of the largest teams of Certified Fluid Power Specialists, Certified Electronic Control Specialists and Certified Fluid Power Mechanics &d Technicians to assist you with problem solving, system building, troubleshooting and other requirements. Between our service centers and our network of 19 fluid power companies, we provide immediate access to the critical fluid power components and services our customers need.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.