12 Months +
- Responsible for contributing in the RF Design of the regional cellular network.
- Responsibilities include creating search areas within their geographic area of responsibility; working with the performance team to understand area and issues within his/her sector; and working with System Performance counterpart to understand issues and help reduce Lost Calls and Ineffective Attempts within their sector.
Other responsibilities include:
- creating and supplying cell site translations; performing drive testing to evaluate search area candidate as necessary; preparing FCC/FAA and FAS submissions in a timely manner; performing radio engineering evaluation for system planning and site acquisition; beginning to identify location specific needs for new cells taking baseline, performance, capacity, and population into consideration; and evaluating coverage problems and requirements for coverage cells. BS in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
General understanding and or working knowledge in one or more of the following platforms and/or technologies:
- Voice cells infrastructure including: Lucent, Motorola, Nortel, CDMA data Digital Communications including: DS1, DS3, Fiber, ISDN Operating systems and applications including: UNIX, Windows, MS Office Wireless data service including: CDPD, CDMA, CSD, STP, RF Fingerprinting Analog, CDMA, Flexent Modular cells (CDMA & PCS), RMT software, and 3G technology Test equipment including: T-Birds, DataPro, pilot scanners, baseline equipment, spectrum analyzers RF System Optimization techniques for voice and data for Nortel, Motorola, and/or Lucent infrastructure Should have a good understanding of engineering concepts, and must show aptitude and desire to learn and advance in a technical field.
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- 7 to 10 years of experience.
- Designing and optimizing inbuilding DASs.
- Reviewing DASs in IBwave that are submitted by integrators.
- Running site walks for potential IB systems.
- Managing vendors and integrators.
Must have skills:
- IBwave experience
- Knowledge of distributed antenna systems
- Knowledge of the different DAS OEMs
- Able to manage vendors and conduct site walks
- Design experience for large in-building systems and venues
- Working knowledge of JMA, Commscope, SpiderCloud, SOLiD, and ADRF DAS equipment
- Any experience with the construction of cell site, DAS, or related cellular construction activities
- IBwave certifications
- Experience with mmWave 5G Ericsson equipment
- Atoll knowledge or experience (not required)