Location: Mill Creek, WA
We are a research and development team located in Bothell, WA, developing state of the art Fiber Optic inspection products that involve complex mechanical systems coupled with sophisticated image analysis software. We are hiring an engineer that will be responsible for perhaps the most important role in our group - testing and verifying these inspection products along with our Windows, iOS and Android applications.
- Interface with a multi-disciplinary team to create tangible quality improvements while developing products and features for real customers
- Design, develop and maintain automated tests and internal tools for software, hardware and mechanical systems using Python and C#
- Create innovative ways to analyze, visualize and model large sets of test data
- Conduct cutting-edge research on optical systems and image processing techniques
- Execute system-level manual and automated regression testing. Investigate, reproduce and document issues and bugs.
- Work hands-on to design test methods, test suites, and test plans for hardware and software to monitor and improve product reliability
- Demonstrated programming experience – especially in Python, C#, or C
- Detail oriented with a strong interest in technology to solve open-ended problems
- Analytical approach to testing, data collection and data visualization and an interest in problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with or enthusiasm for embedded hardware testing, using developer level access to test and verify physical devices
- Experience with hardware and/or software testing a plus
- Ability to seek out problems others do not find. Desire to make the product better.
- Be versatile, filling in where needed in efforts to develop and ship new products.
- Attention to detail and an interest in deep diving to investigate complex problems
- Experience or familiarity with camera system testing or image processing techniques
- BS degree or higher in STEM field: engineering, software or science (physics/optics)
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!