We have new role with our direct client, please let me know if you would be interested.
Job Title: Engineer-Transport - II
Job Location: Richardson TX 75081
Job Duration: 18 Months
Define, engineer, and resolve network capacity requirements for Verizon's Intelligent Edge, long haul and metro transport network utilizing high-capacity next generation lightwave and wave division multiplexing technologies to meet network services capacity, vulnerability, diversity, and growth requirements.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Perform detailed equipment engineering for network augments. This includes developing all of the specifications required for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, issuing purchase orders, creating applicable diagrams/ drawings, and ensuring vendor delivery.
* Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
* Develop Bill of Material and place orders for network equipment, rack, and hardware requirements.
* Define cable requirements, create cable running lists, and order all cables.
* Order all spares required based on sparing plan or directed by capacity management.
* Manage, input, and update central Network Inventory Database (i.e. ICON, Nautilus, CoFEE) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, networking, computer, telecommunications or equivalent job-related experience, 5-6 years progressive, technical experience required.
Experience in Engineering and/or Installation and Testing in one (or more) of the following Transport technologies:
* Ciena, Nortel, Fujitsu, Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent SONET and Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) equipment platforms is essential.
* Experience in PON, NGPON2, FiOS and FTTP is a plus.
* Experience using Microsoft Office Suites and drawing complex system diagrams using CAD-based software is preferred.
* Former Verizon Inside Plant Engineers with ICON experience preferred.
* Teamwork: Candidate must be able to work well with others (as a team) and individually (on your own projects) with a positive attitude.
* Communication Skills: A good communication skills is required for this job.
* Project Management: Candidate will be working on several projects at a time and project/ time management is required for this job.