The KeyBank Continuous Delivery and Feedback Team is looking for people with excellent continuous integration / delivery skills and experience software development in an Agile / Scrum environment. Incremental, frequent delivery and deployment is an important part of our KeyBank Engineering team’s ability to deliver high-quality software solutions quickly.
The KeyBank Engineering culture is set in a fast-paced sustainable environment where continuous change, innovation, and experimentation are a given. As an Engineer, you will be a key team member, responsible for deploying and supporting the delivery of enterprise software solutions through continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous delivery, and configuration management.
Description of an Ideal Team Member
- Design and implement scalable enterprise systems by applying continuous integration / delivery concepts
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of our enterprise applications and systems
- Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of the enterprise applications and systems
- Work across functions (development / testing, deployment, systems / infrastructure) and project teams to ensure quality and speed across enterprise systems
- Automate wherever feasible / practical
- Proactively communicate with our KeyBank technology and line of business teams
- Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements to internal processes
- Actively participate in the implementation of continuous integration / delivery concepts across KeyBank teams
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the KeyBank Agile project life-cycle and ability to act within an Agile environment working with user stories, iterative development, continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous feedback, etc.
- Review requirements and other technical documentation
- Interact with stakeholders regarding functionality and planning
- Understand the technical and process aspects of the release management and continuous delivery needs of the organization.
- Work with the technical organization at large to understand its release management and continuous delivery needs and be able to transform that understanding into solution requirements.
- Understand, optimize, and improve the release management and continuous delivery process.
- Be comfortable learning, designing, and coding in at least one development language and integrating multiple tools through their APIs, command line interfaces, etc.
- Adhere to technical standards and participate in standards evolution.
- Support your own applications / systems and demonstrate a sense of ownership for the production quality.
- Triage and assist with the resolution of complex issues.
Level of Education
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
Level of Experience
- 5+ years industry experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 2+ years’ experience with Linux
- Basic familiarity with automated testing concepts and tools (for example, ServerSpec, Cucumber, Selenium, web services, etc.)
- Basic familiarity with concepts of DevOps, continuous integration / delivery principals and tools (for example, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Solid understanding of micro services and relevant technologies such as orchestration, service discovery, service gateways, and proxying
- Familiarity with the 12Factor application concepts and methodolgy
- Working knowledge of at least three to four industry tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Git, Ceph, Gluster
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Experience supporting one or more enterprise tools or applications
- Ability to identify basic programming constructs in unfamiliar languages
- Ability to implement highly-available and fault-tolerant solutions under direction of senior personnel
- Familiarity with common source control and configuration management principals and tools (for example, git, svn)
- Database development (for example, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Understanding of Agile software development concepts (for example, Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to schedule, estimate, priorities and deliver to commitments with a number of parallel ongoing efforts
- Excellent documentation skills
- Proven ability to communicate using oral and written methods
- Passion and interest to both continually innovate and adopt industry continuous delivery best practices
- Financial services experience is desirables
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Technology and Operations (KTO) is Key Bank’s shared services organization for technology, operational, and servicing functions supporting business partners and clients across all lines of business. Within the overall organization, KTO provides efficient, reliable and secure technology; creates an effective variable cost technology delivery model that maximizes the return on IT spend; orchestrates the efficient use of corporate information and technology assets; and supports innovation that creates competitive distinction. KTO is effective and efficient in payment and deposit servicing, loan servicing, exception and dispute processing, investment and support services, sourcing and procurement, as well as enterprise-wide fraud prevention, investigations and operational support to human resources and the Bank’s BSA/AML program.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.