Directly support the daily management of operations in the Air Vehicle Stores Compatibility Support Branch
Essential Job Functions:
Assign Project Leads and Project Technicians as required and ensure compliance with local policies, practices, procedures to support and maintain the Quality Management System (QMS) requirements.
Interface directly with program and project management, Government technical staff and Customers, and field service representatives to provide status and progress reports, identify issues and determine appropriate resolution actions.
Promulgate special safety precautions and conduct special briefings for senior naval officers, safety teams, and contractor personnel.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
A High School Diploma plus 15 years performing engineering technician functions in aircraft armament release and control systems is required.
Must have an active Secret security clearance.
Candidate must have the demonstrated ability to:
- Lead the execution of complex tasks.
- Apply engineering techniques, principles and precedents to develop, design, modify, install, test, evaluate, or operate electrical, electronic, avionics, mechanical, communications, stores, armament / ordnance equipment.
- Review, analyze, develop, prepare or apply engineering, technical or maintenance specifications, policies, standards, or procedures.
- Organize, analyze, and prepare reports or presentations of technical data and information.
- Plan and perform tests and evaluations of systems equipment or components.
- Compile, process, reduce, or analyze test data results.
Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with:
- Data acquisition and data processing systems used for military weapon systems or associated support equipment or components.
- NAVAIR flight clearance and test & evaluation instructions and policies.
- All aspects of aircraft stores compatibility, weapons suspension systems, systems engineering, data requirements and test procedures.
Prior military service in an aviation ordnance-related billet or specialty