The Engineering & Quality Manager performs complex analytical work; provide office and engineering support and quality support for all products ensuring technical competence and compliance. This position will provide training and technical guidance to support engineering disciplines as well as develop and oversee compliance of the company quality systems. The Engineering/Quality Manager will effectively assure compliance of customer requirements by managing quality policies, standards, procedures, programs and practices while driving and facilitating continuous improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products
- Provide technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development
- Develop and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for product
- Provide financial and technical justification for product selection and definition
- Assist with training and development of Application Engineers
- Oversee activities of Application Engineers, Product Engineers, and Manufacturing Engineers
- Responsible for developing tools to improve applications engineering efficiency and developing CAD and quoting tools
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts
- Manage the Quality Management System to ensure compliance of ISO certification
- Strategically plan to achieve quality objectives and maintain company standards
- Create or modify, control and implement company documentation
- Supervise Equipment Calibration, CMM Inspection and Incoming/Final Inspection personnel, functions and activities
- Interface with all departments to discuss quality related issues
- Review processes and products to determine where improvements can be made
- Discuss questionable dimensional and geometric tolerances with Design Engineers
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of flexible couplings or other power transmission components
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using independent judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence at all levels of organization
- Excellent communication skills both internally & externally; one on one and in group settings
- Ability to provide coaching and guidance to employees
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline- Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Engineering experience
- 3+ years' Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with lean manufacturing preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and to stand 25% of the day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.