Under direction and supervision of an engineer, the Engineering Intern is responsible for performing technical tasks contributing to the planning and execution of engineering projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learns the applications required to modify less complex deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- Develops familiarity by reading, understanding and maintaining a working knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and company policies and procedures.
- Receives training and development in various phases of engineering work.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assists with engraving plates for us on various products.
- Other duties as assigned.
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Performs entry level assignments.
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments and uses existing procedures to solve standard problems.
- Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others; works under close to moderate supervision.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
HS diploma or GED required.
Engineering classes and/or active enrollment in college engineering program required.
AutoCAD training required, experience using AutoCAD for manufacturing drawings preferred.
General fabrication drawing knowledge helpful.