1. General Summary:
Plan, organize and supervise manufacturing engineering programs and projects to improve plant operating performance, reduce scrap, improve quality, productivity and profitability within the assigned product area. Plan, coordinate and direct the implementation of new and/or revised product introductions. Work with planned items to maximize effectiveness during implementation. Communicate ideas for improvement to upper management staff.
2. Essential Job Functions:
A. Develop and maintain an effective organization through the selection, development, compensation, motivation and leadership of engineering team members.
B. Provide direction to team members in the execution of their assigned responsibilities to ensure the achievement of goals and objectives.
C. Review drawings for new and existing product changes, and make recommendations for improvement corrections to parent company as necessary.
D. Prepare cost estimates for equipment and labor as a part of the new product quotes.
E. Plan, coordinate and implement new products or revised product introduction. Oversee projects through all phases of the process, including machine specifications, tooling, jigs, costing, quoting, processes and scheduling.
F. Review and recommend proper use of machines, tools and equipment; appraise technological developments, investigating feasibility of new equipment and techniques.
G. Conduct comprehensive cost reduction studies by evaluating and analyzing the design of specified parts to determine the most economical methods and procedures for manufacture and designing appropriate tools and equipment.
H. Review and approve engineering documents such as machine specifications and process control details.
I. Serve as liaison with parent company's engineering department regarding new product, processes, cost reduction activities, and ECR implementation.
J. Consult with co-workers and provide technical assistance as requested in problem solving activities.
K. Participate in Kaizen meetings to review process improvements.
L. Plan, review, and approve the preparation of budgetary items and capital equipment planning.
M. Participate in long range planning and manufacturing strategy discussions.
N. Responsible for implementation and compliance of environmental management system requirements within the department. Monitor functional areas within the department to ensure environmental procedures are followed, training of associates is accomplished, and performance evaluations include environmental responsibilities.
O. Responsible for maintaining records for environmental programs as required by law and program certifications.
3. Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or Engineering Technology required or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
* Minimum 8 years of diversified and progressively responsible experience in a world class manufacturing environment required.
* Minimum 4 years of leadership experience in a professional environment required.
* Excellent communication skills
* Effective leadership skills
* Ability to work with a dynamic team and a demanding customer
* Ability to present financial information in support of the company's goals
* Excellent time management skills
* PLC knowledge required
* Thorough knowledge of the principles and theories of world class manufacturing and engineering techniques.
* Must be knowledgeable of company products, terminology, design specifications, quality standards, manufacturing processes, procedures and equipment.
* Technical knowledge related to assigned product line.
* Must be familiar with budgets and costing.
* Must be creative and innovative.
* Analytical thinking, judgment and problem solving skills are required.
* Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement projects.
* Close mental concentration and attention to detail are required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
* CAD programs
4. Work Environment/Conditions:
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
Plant: Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc. may be required in engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.
Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
5. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing and is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.