AZZ Rig-A-Lite Products: 8500 Hansen Rd, Houston, TX 77075
Since 1938, Rig-A-Lite has been manufacturing rugged light fixtures for the most demanding industrial environments. We are seeking an Engineering Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead a small but highly experienced and talented team.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for directing and developing improvements and standardization in products and design processes. Manages, monitors and tracks R&D projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs department activities such as design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques and develop test procedures.
- Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Forecasts operating costs of department.
- Directs personnel activities of department, such as recruitment, hiring, performance evaluations, and salary adjustments.
- Develops and implements staffing plans, budget proposals, and equipment requirements consistent with anticipated workloads.
- Reviews product designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer requirements/specifications.
- Monitors the status of engineering projects and takes action as necessary to resolve issues; communicates status changes to appropriate departments within the company.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and encourages staff to act proactively with regard to themselves, the safety of the manufacturing organization, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
- Ensures regular, on-going communication takes place throughout the engineering operation to communicate daily operations activities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Cultural fit is extremely important. Consistent with our core values, we are seeking a servant leader capable of creating an environment where people can grow and TRAITS matter. TRAITS are the Values that we want all AZZ employees, and especially leaders, to embody in everything they do. The TRAITS are Trust, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork and Safety.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Experience with oversight of the new product development process for LED lighting products is required.
- Experience working with 3rd party certifying bodies, preferably in the development of products approved for hazardous locations.
- Knowledge and experience with the design of LED circuit boards is strongly preferred.