Column Engineering is assisting a premier client in a search for a Mechanical Engineer in Carol Stream IL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
This role will be responsible for designing and continually supporting AC Switchgear product line.
- Engineer/Design new UL891 Switchgear and AC distribution products.
- Create/update as-built production drawings.
- Support Production, Sales, and other team members.
- Create part fabrication drawings.
- Stay up to date with latest NEC, NFPA, IFC, and other applicable codes
- Stay up to date with latest technologies and components used for manufacturing.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 3yrs of experience in Designing UL891 Switchgear and Power Systems
- S. degree in technical area of study preferred
- Proficient in AutoCad and Solidworks
- Knowledge of current UL 891 and NEC Standards
- Knowledge of design techniques, and principals involved in production, drawings, and 2D/3D models
- Understanding of electrical circuits.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer:
- 401k with Employer match
- Flexible Spending Account with Employer contribution
- Profit sharing / bonus program
- Health and Dental insurance
Engineering & Aerospace, Other