Manage one or more small projects within a Program to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met.
Per spotlight call on previous posting, candidates do not need to have engineering background, just a PM skillset/mindset.
RUN Multiple small project 110K - 3m
Be able to execute tasks
Core team - assign task, follow up with team
Make sure processes are being followed, testing EWR (eng work request)
Engineering bkgrd does help, but not necessary
Needs PM skill set - financials and run team, more important than engineering, just need to make sure tasks are being completed, schedule tasks, make sure tasks getting done, costs, implement on time, work in matrix environment - good people and communication skills
Focus on skill set vs years of exp
Take notes and be able to translate to action item list
Present every other week to exec mgmt
MS Project, Power Point, Excel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and execute goals and strategic direction of assigned project(s).
2. Manage project through entire lifecycle.
3. Accountable for all schedules, quality, and customer satisfaction on project(s).
4. Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident.
5. Assign and manage internal, external, multi-divisional, direct and matrixed resources to ensure all project objectives and goals are met.
6. Develop, prepare and present briefings to both management and customer related to project status, direction, marketing and performance.
7. Formally identify, assess, monitor and mitigate risk throughout project life cycle.
8. Assure communication and cooperation among project team members and resolve areas of conflict.
9. Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in business, finance, operations management or other related field
* 2 plus years of relevant experience
* CAPM certification
* Familiar with CMMI
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Project with at least 1 year of experience
* PMP certification
* Independent judgment and decision making ability
* Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Ability to influence others