1. General Summary: Utilize the Toyota Production System and engineering skills to perform production engineering functions for production processes. Develops, coordinates, and implements manufacturing processes, procedures, and techniques including process improvement activities to improve overall efficiency, product quality, productivity, and profitability in accordance with company and customer requirements. Controls programming knowledge to modify and develop better process on production systems.
2. Essential Job Functions:
A. Create and manage project budgets.
a. Assist in the preparation of annual budgets for the assigned department, including capital and expense plans and equipment utilization studies.
b. Prepare and review feasibility of capital appropriation requests for equipment, tools, new facilities and refurbishment of existing facilities. Negotiate and evaluate equipment cost reductions with equipment supplier.
B. Develop process and production preparation plans for new automotive products.
a. Includes planning for new equipment, jigs and fixtures, developing specifications, obtaining quotes, purchasing and assisting with the installation by in-house or outside personnel.
b. Prepare and update plant layout/process flow as needed for new equipment, new/modified processes and new/revised products, using both manual and automated drafting techniques.
c. Set up of equipment, train manufacturing, maintenance staff, and hand over completed process to manufacturing teams.
d. Direct plant side activities in conjunction with corporate PE department for new equipment.
e. Communicate project status to other departments and manufacturing plants.
C. Coordinate equipment modifications including scheduling, part procurement, advanced production planning, maintenance requests, trailing and trouble shooting.
a. Perform defect reduction investigations making recommendations for equipment modifications, trailing and qualifications.
b. Create, modify, and review process control details relating to new products or product design changes.
c. Complete test runs, adjustments, safety checks and capability studies for new/revised equipment, products and processes required by company quality and safety standards.
D. Research, develop and implement new manufacturing methods and techniques in order to optimize manufacturing processes and procedures.
a. Test cost reduction ideas to ensure no compromises are made in product/process quality, safety or workability - develop countermeasures if necessary.
b. Evaluate and analyze costs and techniques of new concepts or applications for manufacturing processes and present relevant data to management for further study.
c. Establish preventive maintenance items and frequency.
d. Guide and direct implementation of kaizen and cost reduction improvements.
F. Prepare, track and implement countermeasures against quality, safety and productivity problems.
a. Provides technical support to all departments to implement improvements, installations and repairs to ensure safety guidelines and ergonomic principles are observed.
G. Maintains specified records, files and documentation.
3. Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Greater than four (4) years of relevant experience required.
* Extensive experience with robotics tuning, electrical and PLC trouble-shooting.
* Controls Knowledge- Yaskawa Motoman, Fanuc Robots - Jog robot modify weld program
* Allen Bradley Logix 5000- Understand logic ,trouble shoot and write logic small to medium project.
* Atlas Copco Understanding of torque theory and some knowledge of Power Focus Torque tools
* Fronius,Motoweld and WTC weld controller working knowledge
* Working Knowledge of Ark,Spot welding, weld schedules,weld maps
* Able to read component, assembly, and equipment drawings.
* Proven technical competence in applicable major subsystem (i.e. seats, door trim).
* Basic understanding of the industrial equipment and manufacturing processes relating to automotive interiors.
* Must have a thorough knowledge of the principles and theories of manufacturing and industrial engineering.
* Must have an understanding of ergonomic principles and company safety procedures, regulations and requirements.
* Must know the requirements and procedures for the start up and introduction of new products into the manufacturing process.
* Thorough understanding and working knowledge of automotive plants and processes/principles, company products, trade terminology, manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment, and machine operation.
* Advanced math skills.
* Effective time management skills.
* Strong problem solving experience.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to adopt a self-directed work style.
* Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports.
* Able to work in a fast paced, multicultural work environment.
* Strong organization, planning, scheduling, and analytical skills.
* Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
* Ability to multitask and facilitate problem solving and resolution.
* Active listener with effective communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong ability to work and utilize resources and tools in a multicultural environment.
* Ability to function both independently and with good judgment in a team environment.
* Must be able to work flexible hours to support production on all shifts during new product launch.
* Ability to collect and organize data in an orderly fashion so that it can be accessed and used for future programs.
* Must be able to compile information and report that information to the appropriate people in the organization in a timely manner.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required
* Japanese would be beneficial.
* Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
4. Work Environment/Conditions:
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level while performing manufacturing automotive production engineering operations.
Plant: Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc. may be required in engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.
Travel: Up to 30%
5. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time and may be occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.