Coilcraft, Inc., founded in 1945, is an established worldwide organization specializing in the manufacturing of magnetic components. We are seeking an individual to join our team in Oregon, IL and assist in development, assembly, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of precision production and R&D machinery relating to product and process development.
- Assist Engineering with prototype product (and/or production equipment or process) development, and/or assembly & testing.
- Program Programmable Logical Controls (PLCs) including optimizing machines to reduce cycle times, increase uptime, and minimize operator input.
- Designing control systems used in high performance automated machines including researching new components, panel layout, schematics, building, programming and troubleshooting.
- Work with PLCs, servo systems, stepper systems, HMIs, power supplies, motion controllers and communication loops.
- Responsible for machine refurbishment & testing in support of manufacturing.
- Develop and maintain records and data of engineering studies, test, and drawings, including performing computation, plot data and preparing graphs..
- Assist with writing procedures & work instructions for machines and/or processes.
- Assist with training production employees on new machines and/or processes as needed.
- Comply with quality systems procedures & documentation as required.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree-in a technical field
- Must have valid driver's license, ability to travel between plants
- Good documentation skills using Microsoft office products
- 3+ years work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be able to use gauges, micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, and various measuring devices
- Experience with Autocad and/r Solid Works
- Must be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised to produce results
- Good math skills and communication skills
- High attention to detail a must
- Must be able to work overtime when needed
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally lie and/or move up to 50 lbs
This position may require compliance with ITAR export regulations, applicants must be US citizens or permanent resident status.