This contract position is with one of our direct clients. Please reach out to Simoneta - spereira(at)Divihn(dot)com or Navjot - nsingh(at)divihn(dot)com for more details about this position. You can also call Simoneta at 630 847 0953 or Navjot at 630 847 1023.
Job Title: Engineering Technician I (Electrical/Mechanical)
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Round Lake, IL
Job Type: Contract, Onsite1. Is this 100% onsite? Yes
a. Any remote capabilities? Yes but not on a consistent basis.
2. Top three technical skill wants? Electrical or mechanical background, PC/SW knowledge a plus,
3. Top three soft skill wants? Organization, Teamwork, willingness to learn
4. How long is the initial contract terms? 6mos w/ possible extension
5. What is the expected interview process? Phone/Webex interview
- Work on assignments that are simple or moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments. Apply basic techniques and procedures to assigned projects.
- Responsible for performing a wide variety of research and/or development laboratory tasks and experiments.
- May make detailed observations, analyze data and interpret results.
- Maintain medical device laboratory equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies.
- May write experimental reports, summaries and protocols.
- May also develop and maintain record-keeping for the experiment performed.
- Perform limited troubleshooting and calibration of instruments.
- The individual usually is assigned routine assembly and testing portions of projects (e.g. Product performance and software script testing).
Good written and verbal communication skills
Basic computer skills such as word processing, data entry and e-mail
Basic science and/or math skills
Mechanical or Electrical background would be preferred
Strong documentation skills
Following procedures, but also being able to think outside the box and troubleshoot issues found
Education and Experience
* High School diploma or equivalent, AA Degree is strongly preferred
* 1-2 yrs of mechanical or electrical experience is strongly preferred, or engineering grads with some intern experience
* normal basic computer skills
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.