Description:Locations: - Round Lake, Illinois 60073
Top 3 Technical Skills -
- Familiarity with mechanical and HW measurement methods
- Troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems (without a troubleshooting guide as this project is an R&D project so they will be working with prototypes)
- Technical writing - being able to document the work completed adequately
Top 3 Soft Skills -
- Communication - with COVID precautions communication is now taking alternate forms with less in person and more technology enabled communication
- Teamwork and Collaboration- despite 6 ft separations, there are teams involved in all of our work. Being able to work with a diverse group of engineers is a requirement including those not located in the US.
- Commitment to Quality - we work with products that will be used to save and sustain lives, that fully reflect Baxter's Mission. A commitment to doing a high quality job, all the time, is required for this role
This section focuses on the main purpose of the job in one to four sentences. Work on assignments that are simple or moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
Apply basic techniques and procedures to assigned projects This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work.
The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
Responsible for performing a wide variety of research and/or development laboratory tasks and experiments.
- May make detailed observations, analyze data and interpret results.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies.
- May write experimental reports, summaries and protocols.
- May also develop and maintain record keeping for experiment performed.
- Perform limited troubleshooting and calibration of instruments.
- Individual usually is assigned routine assembly and testing portions of projects (e.g. Product performance and software script testing).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills such as word processing, data entry and e-mail
- Basic science and/or math skills
- Team orientation Include the education and experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
- BS/BA preferred, equivalent of 1-2 years experience